April 5, 2010

My Favorite! Spaghetti Bolognese


This is one of my all-time favorite dinners growing up! This is an original recipe straight from my moms kitchen, and everyone who tries it- LOVES IT! I will never grow tired of this dinner, and you won't either- I promise.


Ingredients:
2 Jars of spaghetti sauce (we love Classico's Tomato & Basil)
1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey or ground beef
1 onion (sweet onion)
1 tsp. chopped garlic
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese


Directions:
Chop onion and cook with ground turkey until no longer pink. Drain the grease. 


In a large pot, bring sauce, Parmesan cheese, and all seasonings, including sugar to a simmer. Once simmering, add the meat and onion mixture. Simmer lightly for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. 

Serve over your favorite pasta and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese. My mom always serves this with Texas toast or home made garlic bread!

2 comments:

  1. Your mom must be a great cook! This spagetti recipe is so delicious! Its easy too which is the best part. I plan on making it quite often. Thanks for sharing! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For mothers day I made your bolognese sauce for my mom because it's her favorite, and she loved it, as did everyone else. I have several other recipes printed out from your site on standby! lol

    PS- I also wanted to tell you my mom and sister also said your bolognese sauce was even better as a left over as well.

    ReplyDelete